News: We are happy to announce that Android Authority recently selected WiFi Analyzer to be one of the 15 most useful apps for Android, click here to learn more about it!
Optimize your WiFi network using WiFi Analyzer by examining surrounding WiFi networks, measuring their signal strength as well as identifying crowded channels.
Android OS Requirements
- Minimum: Jelly Bean (Version 4.1 - API 16)
- Recommended: Marshmallow (Version 6.0 - API 23)
This is the official repository of WiFi Analyzer.
The open-source app was created using Agile methodologies, click here to learn more about it.
Table of Contents
- Usage Tips
- WiFi Analyzer Build
- Special Thanks
- Identify nearby Access Points
- Graph channels signal strength
- Graph Access Point signal strength over time
- Analyze WiFi networks to rate channels
- HT/VHT Detection - 40/80/160MHz (Requires Android OS 6+)
- Access Point view complete or compact
- Estimated Distance to the Access Points
- Export access points details
- Dark or Light theme available
- Pause/Resume scanning
- Available filters: WiFi band, Signal strength, Security and SSID
- Vendor/OUI Database Lookup
Please note WiFi Analyzer is not a WiFi password cracking or phishing tool.
- Tap the title bar to switch between 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi band.
- Swipe to manually refresh screen content.
- Swipe left/right at the bottom of the screen to navigate to the next/previous screen
- SSID with (***) means it is hidden.
- Access Point security: WPA2/WPA; WEP/WPS; Disabled
- Saved networks
- How to video
- How to guide
- How to find the best 5Ghz WiFi Channel
- Why Wi-Fi stinks and how to fix it
- Wi-Fi channels list
- How is distance calculated to Access Point
- Android OS 6+ may require Location Service to be switched on
- WiFi Analyzer on secondary user accounts
- How channel graph displays 20/40/80/160 MHz channel width?
- How to use SSID filter?
- WiFi Analyzer equivalent on iOS
- Bug reports can be submitted here.
- To learn how to submit a bug click here.
- If you do not have GitHub account, please use google groups to discuss application features.
WiFi Analyzer is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPLv3).
GPLv3 License key requirements:
- Disclose Source
- License and Copyright Notice
- Same License
- State Changes
GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPLv3) Explained in Plain English
GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPLv3).
WiFi Analyzer Build
- Feel free to fork the project and submit your changes.
- To learn how to submit a pull request click here.
How to fork project
- Install Android Studio
- Import project into Android Studio
- In Welcome to Android Studio Screen select Import project …
- Select the root directory of the WiFi Analyzer repository and click “OK”.
- WiFi Analyzer will build automatically.
Running unit tests and jacoco coverage report
./gradlew testDebugUnitTest jacocoTestDebugUnitTestReport --info
We want to express our gratitude to all people for contributed with patches, bug solving and updates to WiFi Analyzer.
If you would like to contribute financially to the project please feel free to send any amount through paypal.
Thanks to every one who already donated so far!